Wednesday, July 30, 2008

To head home or not?

G had a biopsy today, and has an incision and stitches on her back. I'm unsure if we should try to head home or not. She's got some swelling in the area, and if we leave she'll be in her carseat for the next 6.5 hours. The local anesthetic is wearing off, so I'll see how she's feeling when it's worn off. The dr did give us some pain meds, but I'm not sure I want to use anything stronger than Tylenol with her in the backseat and me not being able to check on her. The anesthetic also contained a blood vessel constrictor, so when that wears off, the dr said it may started bleeding or oozing. Boy, I'd really just like to be home with her right now. 7 to 10 days for biopsy results. I'm thinking that's just the standard medical reply - no matter what you have done, it's always 7-10 days.

No comments: