Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bad news....

My ex-husband and my older son and daughter's dad, has been seriously injured following a bicycle accident. He has a spinal injury and can't move his arms or legs. He will be in surgery tomorrow morning at Stanford Hospital in California to stabilize his fractured vertebrae and hopefully to relieve the pressure on his spinal cord. He has regained some sensation in his legs late today (incredible pain), but still is unable to move. We have been told that the pain is actually a good sign.

We are praying that he heals from this devastating injury, for his family, and for my children to have the strength to get through this with him.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Edie. Your family and his will be in our thoughts.

Leslie said...

Oh, Edie. I'm so sorry. I hope he continues to recover.