Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is it a trifecta?

"Trifecta" - a term is used to describe any successful or favorable phenomenon or characteristic that comes in threes

Do you know what I just realized? G hasn't coughed or had ANY issues since we changed her meds after our Children's Hospital clinic visits. No coughing whatsoever, or any need to use her rescue inhaler, even in the humidity. This is a first for us. We changed two things about her medication routine - the dr switched her from her nebulizer to the Pulumicort Flexhaler, and added Prevacid, an acid reflux drug. She is on an adult dosage of the inhaled steriod, so perhaps soon we can titrate it down to the lowest dose needed to maintain her without symptoms.

Wood's been taking the kids to the park daily, and this week he says that she is starting to be able to run without quickly getting winded needing frequent "rests" or needing her inhaler at all. Hallelujah!

1. Woods job
2. My test results
3. G's significant improvement of her health issues.

It's a trifecta of blessings!

Lord, there are marvelous things that I do not know, nor can I comprehend.
things that happen in my life, and things that happen in my friends lives.
Lord, I desire to be thankful, to appreciate everything that comes across my path.
Lord, so often life hurts, I get angry -- upset, I do not understand, yet You ask me to be thankful for everything, and have faith.

Lord, help me to be thankful, when the rains come, to see that obstacles and problems sometimes build character and godliness in me, to be a mirrored reflection of Your Son to reach others.

I thank You for prayer, That I can come before You and call You Father.
That I can cast my burdens on You.
Lord, I thank You for my heart, the treasure and light You placed in there.

Lord, help me to endeavor, to be thankful for everything.
Lord, it seems most of the time, what happens is about me.
Lord, I thank you that You gently remind me that the things are not about me, however, my life and what happens is more about You, Your will, and Your Kingdom.

Amen.

2 comments:

Hoffbeauty said...

Amen.

Hoffbeauty said...

Thank you for leading me to the Lord this morning....what a beautiful way to start my day!