Tuesday, January 1, 2008

No news...

It was a long shot, but we were hoping to get the preliminary MRI results yesterday. However, that meant that the radiologist would have needed to be in to read them, the results dictated and typed, and faxed to my dr. Who would have needed to be in the office to receive them. And call me. Probably too much to expect on New Years eve. Why so much urgency to get a patient in for tests, then not so much urgency to actually get test results to the patient?

I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow am to my dr's office. Unfortunately, we are expecting 10"-14" of snow starting today and going through tonight, which could throw a wrench into everything as well. I got a ton of bloodwork done and need those results as well.

As for our New Years, after watching Antz with the girl last night on TV, I fell asleep in front of Law and Order reruns at around 10:30pm. I had been up since 5am and was terribly anxious all day yesterday and was just physically and mentally exhausted.

Today, I will distract myself (ha, like that's possible) with packing up my son B's room. B is 18 didn't come home for Christmas this year - he is in California visiting relatives. He left me in charge of packing up his room - trusting fellow, isn't he? He keeps everything - including presents he got when he was 7 or 8 years old. Some things he keeps are quite sweet - his preschool graduation sign, the teddy bear quilt I made him when he was a baby. Having only 3 sisters myself, I didn't know boys were so sentimental. We'll see him in a few weeks as we have to go downstate at the end of January.

I'll post again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AKKK!! I go away for two weeks for Christmas and don't have internet and I come back to craziness!
I am so sorry you're going through all this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Kari said...

Edie,
Oh, I can't stop thinking about you and just wanted to say we're here if you need us! Hug those sweet girls extra tight tonight. I am so sorry that you have so much to deal with right now. Hang in there.