Saturday, January 5, 2008

A little light reading

I spent the morning reading Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book. Wow, what a complete book. Everything you ever wanted to know (and probably never wanted to know) about breast abnormalities, diagnostic procedures, mastectomy, reconstruction, genetics, statistic, etc. Doctors up here are different than any other doctors I've met. More of the pat you on the hand and tell you that's their job to worry about, when you ask them questions. Not my style at all. I want risk vs benefits, options and second opinions. So I need to be prepared.

So overwhelming though. I feel like pulling the covers back over my head and going back to bed. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to pack.

I have some pics of our new house:






It's not a bad little house - it's just not this one. It a 70's house, like this one (note the dark cabinets, dark wood railing and yes, it's a tri level). Actually, I've grown fond of the multi-level house - we currently live in a quad level. And there are no appliances (except an ancient dishwasher), no curtains, curtain rods, shower curtain rods, towel bars, etc. Apparently they were horrible and removed in order to sell the house. So I have a lot of work to do, but the upside is it's a fresh slate. The guy who fixed it up to sell let his wife pick the color for the front door and shutters. I'm SOOO not into the purple!

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

Funny, when I saw the picture, I was going to comment that I love the door color! We have a dark purple door ourselves. It's rounded at the top, too, so would be difficult to totally replace, but could be repainted, I guess.

Angela :-)