Sunday, July 26, 2009

15 weeks pregnant...

Feeling much better these days. Only gained 3.5 lbs, but am huge already. Have my big anatomy ultrasound on August 20th. All I want to know is that everything is ok with the baby, and that the placenta previa is at least starting to move up!

I'm starting to get reluctant to share the news about my pregnancy with those who don't know yet, as most folks are utterly shocked by it, and hardly congratulatory. I don't know if it's because it's our 5th child, or that we are "older". Either way, I think people should keep their comments to themselves. If one more person tells me how old I will be when the baby graduates high school I think I will scream. HOw old will I be in 18 years if I wasn't having a baby???? Thanks for doing the math for me, really, that was sooo helpful.

The other one that gets me is the "better you than me" comment. Yup, for the baby's sake, I'm glad it's me and not you either, since you obviously are so turned off by the idea of adding another child to your family.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I get asked that question, my answer is:
39! The same as I was with the first one.
You get hearty congratulations from us. Many Blessings to you all.
Heits

Anonymous said...

Oh wait...I forgot to add my favorite answer to the "better you than me comment."
I always say, "That's for sure!"
Heits

D said...

I don't know how you can resist giving a snarky reply.

Hope you've got strong siding - I'm sure your home will be bursting with love.

My fave? "Were you trying for a girl?" said in front of the boy.

Amy said...

My sister lives in Marquette and she gets the worst comments ever from people up there. She has 5 kids and people just are nasty about it...her husband and her wanted a large family and support them without help so what is the problem? I actually told an old guy off in the Walmart there when he started lipping off about how many kids she had - I told him good thing someone decided to have you so you could have life and he didn't know what to say. Best wishes on your pregnancy - and in ignoring the ugliness that people spread...such stupidity.