Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Grandpa

My grandpa died early this morning. His incredible strength and fighting spirit was with him until the very end. His life was a wonderful 99 years long here on earth.....he's now with his 6 brothers and sisters who pre-deceased him long ago, my grandmother who died when I was 6, and his son, my dear father, who died in 1997 at the way too young age of 55 .

Ties are non-existant with my mother and her side of the family, so it feels like I've lost what I had left of my family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandpa. I enjoyed your account of your visit earlier this year. I'm so glad you were able to do that.
Blessings from Iowa.
Heits

Christina said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, E. Our thoughts are with you.

Kari said...

Edie I am so very sorry for your loss. I am so glad that you had such a special relationship with him and that you were able to see him earlier this year. Our thoughts are with you as well.

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a really special person.