Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First frost...

It's been close all week, but we got an actual frost last night. Yesterday morning, it was really too cold for the girls to wear fall coats - but I just couldn't bring myself to haul out the winter ones yet. I did buy mittens and mitten clips yesterday........

A wants to be Jasmine for halloween. She is really not getting that it will be freezing, and most likely have snow. A thin bellydancer costume just isn't going to cut it (not to mention inappropriate for Catholic school.......)

The cold is good for my sales at work, which have been awful, awful, awful as the economy slows. Store managers are held fully accountable for sales - great, so now I'm personally responsible for the nation's economic conditions and Michigans' one state recession with it's 8% unemployment. Powerful, aren't I?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I swear sometimes when I read your weather posts I think you and I live in bizarre, opposite universes. It is 81 degrees here, as I type this at midnight!
I cannot imagine mittens this time of year. Mittens??!!
When I think about Halloween costumes, I wonder if the kids will sweat too much, you know if it's a full-body type costume.
Of course, my kids are just dying to see snow (B. again and C. for the first time).
Here's hoping lots of people up your way rush to your store to buy new warm jackets and sweaters...the few we have won't be pulled out for several more months...

etmom said...

Sweating at Halloween, that's unthinkable for us! Some years, it's really not fit for man nor beast, and we trick or treat at the mall. 81 degrees sounds lovely - global warming has completely skipped our area of the country.