Friday, December 14, 2007

When you're going through hell...

The past week has been very busy. We are moving. We sold our home and have purchased another home in another neighborhood. We have to be out of our current home by January 15th. Yikes. Our new home is much smaller than our current home, so I have to figure out how to have a major garage sale with about 3 feet of snow outside. Since I'm in retail, the holidays are my busiest time and to say I work a lot of hours during 4th quarter is an understatement. But it is what it is. Winston Churchill said once "If your're going through Hell, keep going". That's what I feel like we're doing.

As our situation has unfolded, I'm heartbroken and sickened by the derogatory comments and characterization of our family, due to the color of my daughter's skin. That our family's economic stability could be thrown into turmoil due to small and narrow minded people who apparently aren't current on Civil Rights legislation is mind boggling. The ugliness of racism stands in direct contradiction to the very meaning of America. But we are fighting back. I feel like we are hunkering down and preparing to do major battle.

No comments: