Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The dreaded cough...

is back. Words cannot express how wonderful it has been for the past few months. The dreaded cough was gone. Nights were peaceful for G. She had more energy and actually ate more than a few bites at each meal. She had color back in her face.

Last night she ran a slight temp. This morning, as we were getting the girls ready for school, there it was. My head spun around so fast when I heard it - the tight, barking cough. We gave her her regular morning breathing treatment and added her other meds. She did seem better. All morning long at work, I waited for the phone to ring from the school. They know how to give her breathing treatments at school, but since she'd already had one prior to school, if they needed to give her one, she'd have to have an ER visit. We have also told them to call 911 if she is having difficulties breathing, and to call us second.

The phone in my office ran while I was on a district wide conference call. I grabbed my cell phone, went into the hallway and called Wood, to see if it was him. While doing so, it must have come time on the conference for me to present the divisions I'm responsible for. I was called on to present, and there was dead silence from my office. Oh, well. Wood ended up picking up G and taking her home for the rest of the day. She is doing better, but the cough is still with us.

If it is worse tomorrow, we'll take her back to Milwaukee. The dr there wants to run some tests the next time she is coughing and having breathing difficulties. She's having her breathing treatment now, and hopefully will have a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you must feel. Prays for G and all of you.