Tuesday, August 12, 2008

almost gone...

After dealing with G's skin issues for 2 months, it's hard for me to even see where I need to put the meds on. And still, no breathing issues. God is good!

School starts Sept 2 for us. I can't believe G is in the first grade. She can read just about anything these days, and it's so much fun as she actively participates in reading the newpaper, magazines and road signs of all sorts.

We are meeting with the principal from G's school to go over the possibility of having A go to pre-K there. Although I was vehemently opposed to their so called curriculum for pre-k, and voiced my concerns loudly to them last spring, the school went and stole the teacher that A would have this year at her preschool. I know this teacher very well, and would have no qualms about putting A in her classroom - provided the school will allow her to teach pre-K as I've seen her do it at A's preschool. Although I love A's preschool, with our minimum wage hike in Michigan to $7.40 per hour, the preschool has had to substantially raise their tuition. It would be much more affordable to have both kids in the same school because we'd get a second child discount off A's tuition. But I need to make sure that A will do well there. I'd still use the preschool for afterschool, holiday and summer care.


Wood is driving big brother B back down to college this weekend. The girls (and me!) will really miss him.

No comments: