Tuesday, July 31, 2007

EKC Picnic

We're back from the Ethiopian Kids Community's Annual picnic in Minneapolis. There were over 600 attendees from 19 states this year! What a fantastic turnout! It was great to see families who I've met previously, and meet new ones that I've only "talked" to on the forum. Here's some photos from our trip:

How many hours it is to Minneapolis?????

At the zoo with our friends

Wasn't this a dish I had in Ethiopia??


G visits the Chicken coop at the Minnesota zoo

Not to let her sister outdo her.....

Swimming in the hotel pool (3 times per day!)

G chats with new friends

Girls warm up for the Ethiopian Reads Fun Run

A getting ready for the 2-4 year old fun run

The competition is fierce.....

G discusses strategy with the 5-8 year old group!


Celebrating with dad after the race!

Ethiopian Dance lessons

The awesome dance instructors

Practicing our moves up on stage

Somehow, we ended up "in charge" of a bubble table for quite some time....

Hocky anyone??

It's fun to sit back and relax!!

2 comments:

FrogMom said...

What great pictures! How did I miss you guys at the picnic? DH had several "Asrat sightings" but is too shy to say hello on his own, and I never did spot you guys. It looks like your girls had a fabulous time! I have to say the 2-4 year-old fun run was probably my favorite part of the day, and I didn't even have a kid competing.

Melanie said...

It was nice to meet you at the hotel and the picnic!!!!

Mel